Breakfast: 'Incredible Hulk' Green Juice
Dairy-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, vegetarian- and vegan-friendly, raw food
Serves: 2-3 glasses
- 1/2 head celery, base removed, washed
- 6 leaves (about 1 small bunch) kale or collard greens, washed
- 1 continental cucumber, unpeeled, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups spinach leaves, firmly packed
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed, cut into chunks
- handful basil leaves
- 1/2 cup broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1 small punnet fresh wheatgrass (if available)
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp spirulina, chlorella or barley grass powder
- 1 tray ice
- Pass the celery, kale, cucumbers, spinach, cos lettuce, basil leaves, broccoli, apple and kiwi fruit (and wheatgrass, if using it) through the juicer.
- Pour into a jug and add lemon juice and stir in green powder till dissolved.
- Add some ice to each glass and top up with juice.