Side: Orange and Fennel Salad
Gluten-free, wheat-free, vegan, raw food
- 2 oranges, segmented, juice saved
- 4 handfuls wild rocket leaves, washed, spun
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely sliced (using a mandolin or V slicer)
- 1 medium red chilli, very thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive, flaxseed or hemp oil
- Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare all above ingredients and squeeze remaining juice from orange and reserve. Place fennel slices in iced water with a squeeze of lemon juice to keep them crisp and prevent them from going brown.
- Toss prepared rocket leaves, drained fennel slices and chilli, if using it, together with orange segments and dress with remaining orange juice, lemon juice and oil and add seasoning to taste.
Tip: If fennel is unavailable, use celery or radishes instead.