Lunch: Tuna and Brown Rice Salad
Dairy-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, vegan-friendly
- 3 cups steamed or boiled brown rice
- handful dried goji berries or sultanas, unsulphured (reserve a few for garnish)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (reserve a few for garnish)
- 6 Brazil nuts, finely chopped
- 4 green shallots, peeled, finely cut
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into small dice
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 125 g fresh, cooked tuna or chicken, flaked or diced
- 50 ml vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, dill, coriander or parsley (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss lightly with a metal spoon. Try not to smash up the rice too much.
- Check seasoning and add more if necessary. If too dry, add more dressing.
- Serve in a large bowl garnished with extra goji berries or sultanas, sunflower seeds and chopped herbs.
Tip: To make this vegan-friendly, omit tuna and replace it with your choice of 150 g of extra vegetables, or cooked legumes, or beans.