Drink: Apple and Cucumber Zipper
Serves: 2 glasses
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored, quartered
- 1/2 continental cucumber, unpeeled, cut into pieces
- 2-cm knob ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp spirulina, chlorella or barley grass powder
- Wash apples and cucumber and prepare as above. Pass everything except spirulina or chlorella powder through a cold press juicer.
- Stir in green powder at the end until completely dissolved.Enjoy the brilliant green juice with a hint of ginger to add that zing.
Tip: Evidence points to one of the antioxidants in ginger called gingerol as being great for boosting the immune system. Along with all the vitamins and minerals in the apples and cucumbers this juice is bound to help you. Did you know that ginger also has potent anti-inflammatory properties that can help some people reduce arthritis-based joint pain?