Snacks: Marinated Olives
Gluten-free, vegan, raw food
Serves: 250g olives
- 250 g raw olives (green or black)
- 100 ml cold-pressed olive oil (approx)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, broken into 2-cm pieces
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, squashed
- 1 lemon, rind only (remove with a potato peeler)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Place olives in a medium-sized bowl and pour over a good lug of olive oil.
- Add rosemary, thyme leaves, garlic, lemon rind, and a good, healthy dose of freshly ground black pepper, and dried chilli flakes if you wish.
- Mix well, cover in plastic wrap, and allow to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Serve at room temperature.
Tip: If you want to store these longer, place in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid. Just make sure you add more oil to completely cover the olives as this will help preserve them for longer in the fridge.