Dessert: Balsamic Strawberry and Basil 'Nobody's Fool'
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta
- 2 tbsp agave syrup to taste or 1 tsp stevia or 3 tsp xylitol
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract or paste
- 1/2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- 500 g strawberries, hulled, cut into 4 or 8 depending on size
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, cut into fine ribbons (save 4 nice leaves for garnish)
- Place ricotta, syrup/sweetener and vanilla in food processor and process till smooth. Remove from processor, place in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a mixing bowl combine strawberries and basil with balsamic and add a splash more syrup or sweetener, if necessary.
- Layer 4 glasses with strawberries first, then ricotta mix and finish with strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Serve chilled with the basil leaf as garnish.