Side: Lemon Grilled Asparagus
Gluten-free, wheat-free, vegan
- 2 bunches asparagus (stems not too thin)
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp flaxseed or hemp oil
- Wash asparagus and snap off the bottom third of stalks (they break where they are most crisp).
- Place in a bowl and toss in oil, lemon juice and plenty of black pepper.
- Heat grill or griddle pan. When hot, add asparagus and remaining oil in bowl. Turn over a few times while cooking.
- Remove when asparagus is just cooked and drizzle with flaxseed or hemp oil and serve.