Breakfast: Avocado Salsa on Toast
Gluten-free, vegan, raw food-friendly
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1cm dice
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1cm dice
- 2 tbsp red onions, finely chopped
- handful coriander leaves, finely shredded
- handful basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive or coconut oil
- Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices gluten-free multigrain bread (try to find one containing loads of seeds, especially pumpkin) (See Tip)
- Add avocado, tomato, onion, herbs, lemon juice and oil to a large bowl.
- Add seasoning and stir carefully to combine.
- Toast bread and serve with salsa piled up on the toast. Sprinkle with black pepper
Tip: I love this one, but I don't eat tomatoes, so I just leave them out! You can make this a raw recipe by not serving the toasted bread. How about using sliced tomato as the base, or baby cos leaves.